Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Verbal Identity: Creating Your Strategic Brand | SVIG.806
Entrepreneurs seeking to brand or rebrand their companies and professionals tasked with creating or maintaining brand verbal identity will learn how brands can serve new companies to carve a unique niche in industry and gain attention.
In this course, we will focus on verbal identity, using case studies and participants’ own companies, to illustrate how to create a well-defined and consistent brand.
- Understand the role of brand in a company’s success
- Analyze branding and positioning strategy in your industry
- Identify branding and positioning opportunities for new companies
- Create simple and effective brand ideas for your company or product
- Position a new company or product effectively against competitors in a crowded market
- Create a brand strategy roadmap and guidelines for your company’s verbal identity and messaging
- Understand elements of brand naming—meaning of names, properties of name types, competitive name analyses, and naming pitfalls
- Navigate naming logistics—global market issues, trademark issues, and domain strategy
- Develop an effective company/product name
You’ll leave the course with a toolbox for creating verbal brand strategy for products and companies, including messaging and naming.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.