Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Supply Chain Operations Management | SCMT.X406
This course covers operations from a supply chain perspective—from understanding the importance of processes and process thinking to managing the flow of products, services, and information. You will learn how supply chain partners and functional groups are becoming more integrated and how they interact with each other. You will also learn about inventory models, optimization using MS Excel's linear programming add-in, forecasting, aggregate planning, and quality tools. Students will be able to define and describe the planning activities required to manage operations across the supply chain from the supplier to the customer and end user.
It is highly recommended that students take "Evolving Role of Supply Chain Manager" prior to taking this course.
- Define supply management and its role in an organizational setting
- Establish clear performance objectives and process measures by acknowledging the importance of quality management (QM) and the use of QM tools
- Compare various process technologies applied to production and service operations
- Discriminate between the requirements of push and pull manufacturing processes
- Define the roles of aggregate planning, inventory models, MPS, MRP, ERP and scheduling
- Inventory management
- Optimization using linear programming
- Forecasting methods
- Quality tools for improvement
- Managing processes and capabilities—Six Sigma methodology
- Planning and scheduling
- Managing projects activities
- Risk analysis and managing risk
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Thu, 10-28-2021||5:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 11-04-2021||5:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 11-18-2021||5:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 12-02-2021||5:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 12-09-2021||5:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 12-11-2021||9:00 a.m.||4:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 12-16-2021||5:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|