All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
The course introduces the fundamental building blocks of enterprise storage such as SAN, NAS, Fibre Channel (FC), Fibre Channel Over IP (FC/IP), FCoE, and the core concepts of block, file, and object storage. It demystifies today’s storage technologies in flash, cloud, mobility, converged storage, software-defined storage, SDDC, and Big Data storage. The course also covers the blueprint of cloud computing and the implementation of public, private and hybrid cloud storage.
By the end of the course, you will understand the essential storage and network virtualization technologies used in today’s data centers, as well as how to establish a baseline for performance, capacity and ROI.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Understand and differentiate between the hard disk drive and Flash Storage technologies
- Recognize various networking technologies such as DAS, SAN, NAS and new Hyper-Converged technologies
- Understand the underlying storage and network storage protocols such as FC, IP, FCIP, iSCSI, FCoE
- Explain how Storage Consolidations and Virtualization works, and how it meets the SLAs, RTOs and RPOs requirements
- Know how the storage Tiering, multi-tenancy, Scale-Out, Scale-Up NAS Clusters works
- Understand the fundamentals of Business Continuity and its asynchronous & synchronous Data Replication methods
- Understand the main sources and attributes of the BIG Data
- Prepare for and embrace future industry trends regarding software defined data centers, cloud storage & services, IoT, and analytics
Note(s): Registered students will be invited to join the NetApp Certified Storage Associate (NCSA) program, which grants them free access to additional online courses and online lab exercises that cover NetApp storage configurations. Students will also receive a voucher applicable toward the NCSA certification exam fee. Participation is optional.
Skills Needed: A basic technical understanding of networking and storage concepts and terminology.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Sun, 10-09-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sun, 10-16-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sun, 10-23-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sun, 10-30-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sun, 11-06-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sun, 11-13-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sun, 11-20-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sun, 11-27-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sun, 12-04-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|
|Sun, 12-11-2022||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA / REMOTE|