Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Safeguarding the Supply Chain: Best Practices in Cybersecurity | SCMT.X409
Rarely does a day pass without troubling reports of a new data security breach and the challenges organizations face as they scramble to mend new and persistent vulnerabilities. The federal government is prioritizing the nation’s cybersecurity. Large organizations are rededicating tremendous resources to manage their risks. Smaller organizations, however, usually don’t have the same resources to put critical safeguards in place and thus can introduce additional risk in the supply chain relationship.
In this high-level overview course, we will discuss the range of cyber threats, their impact, regulations, and best practices in the industry.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Distinguish the impact of cyber threats in the supply chain
- Explain basic NIST cybersecurity framework and security compliances
- Compare and contrast cybersecurity best practices
Students will participate in interactive working sessions and highlight practical solutions for implementation at the workplace.
- Cyber threats
- Impact of cyberattacks
- National Institute of Standards and Technology cyber security framework
- Cybersecurity hygiene and best practices for supply chain safety
- Industry cyber compliance and requirements (NIST SP800-171, CMMC Levels 1-5, PCI DSS, HIPAA)
- NIST cybersecurity framework
- Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification
- Cybersecurity best practices California Consumer Privacy Act and why you need to implement “Reasonable Security”
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.