Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Real Estate Investments for Professional Advisors | FPLN.800
Real estate investment can play a key role in any portfolio. In this course, we’ll explore investment real estate fundamentals, the cash flow model, entity and group investing, financial behavior, and the intersect of real estate and personal financial wellness.
A highly interactive classroom environment includes course lecture, guest speakers, class participation, a cash flow analysis project, and a final exam.
- Understand the fundamentals of investment real estate
- Apply the financial planning process to the evaluation of real estate
- Create a real estate cash flow analysis
- Calculate real estate cash flow, cap rate, and internal rate of return
- Identify the merits of using debt in real estate
- Recognize the tax benefit of owning investment rentals
- Discuss the risks inherent in owning rental property
- Integrate real estate into a comprehensive financial plan
You will need a level of comfort with basic calculations, financial concepts, and Excel software.
8/30/2021: We will NOT be offering the CFP® Board Continuing Education Credit for this course.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.