All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
This course provides a practical set of leadership tools you can immediately use to develop strong working relationships among agile and project team members and stakeholders. The introduction to enhanced communications will help to minimize conflict management tensions, reduce staff turnover, and keep schedules and budgets on track.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Practice non-tangible leadership traits demonstrated by successful agile and project leaders to develop a team culture of accountability and responsibility.
- Define and use emotional intelligence (EI) composites.
- Apply emotional intelligence concepts within real-world scenarios.
- Apply methods leaders use to align and motivate diverse teams to collaborate toward a common goal.
- Develop communication strategies and constructive win-win outcomes to encourage strong teamwork.
- Implement action plans to immediately begin using their new EI leadership skills in the workplace.
- Real-world (EI) scenarios
- Recruitment strategies
- Agile critical success factors
- Situational leadership
- Applying the PMI Talent Triangle®
- Communications among scrum teams and stakeholders
- Mission and gaining commitment
- Communicating with differently thinking people
- Matrix team management and alignment
- Real-time communication challenges
- Conversation, collaboration, and the innovate cycle
The Project Management Institute (PMI)®--PMPR 15 Professional Development Units.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.