Saturday Phone Service Interruption
There will be a brief pause in our phone service beginning at noon on Saturday, May 15 through May 16. For course emergencies, you may reach us at email@example.com.
Personal Financial Planning, Survey | FPLN.X400
This course introduces the professional and technical content of personal financial planning. It emphasizes the identification and quantification of financial objectives and the interrelated facets of a wide range of technical material. Topics include data gathering, income taxation, investment analysis and procedure, insurance, employment benefit plans, debt management, estate planning and cash-flow management. This course also covers the ethics, strategies and processes of professional practice and CFP® standards of practice. Included in the course work is an introduction to some basic concepts of economics.
Note(s): An HP-12C or equivalent financial calculator is required.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Have a good understanding of the career opportunities and career paths for CFP® practitioners. Students will be introduced to various professionals and business models
- Be able to evaluate how clients’ beliefs, culture, and psychology influence financial behavior
- Know how to identify the technical, business and communication skills utilized by a personal financial planning practitioner
- Have a cursory knowledge of several subject areas required of a CFP® including: Income Tax, Investments, Risk Management, College Funding, Retirement Planning, and Estate Planning
- Understand the background and the business, structural, and regulatory environment in which the personal financial planning profession operates and, in particular, that of a CFP®
- Be comfortable with the basic economic principals such and supply and demand, GDP, the business cycle, interest rates, exchange rates
- Be familiar with the steps involved in the personal financial planning process and recognize unethical practices based on the CFP® Board Standards of Professional Conduct.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.