Outsourcing and Contract Management | PPMT.X414
Securing the best outside people to get things done requires strategic planning, project bidding, negotiation, and subcontractor management. In this course you learn everything you need to know to successfully manage outsource procurements as self-contained projects. Find out how to efficiently plan your next outsourcing project, organize procurement management teams, and prepare clear request-for-proposals. You’ll also gain valuable insights for successfully managing subcontractors and containing costs in a contract period.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Plan a project outsourced procurement
- Understand and use procurement tools and techniques
- Identify the best contract type
- Select the best bidder
- Conduct a project procurement
- Control and close a project procurement
- The reason behind the growing demand for outsourcing
- Effective procurement management planning
- Organizing procurement management teams (PMTs)
- Developing procurement requests-for-proposals (RFPs)
- How to write an effective statements of work
- Understanding contract types and incentives
- Evaluating bidder proposals
- How to select the best bidder
- Negotiation strategies and techniques
- Monitoring and controlling subcontractors
- Analyzing subcontractor performance
- Managing subcontractors when things go wrong
- Terminating subcontracts
Students enjoy a varied and interactive curriculum of textbook readings, supplemental online procurement articles, engaging threaded discussions, bid selection practice, and detailed instructor materials that complement textbook reading assignments.
The Project Management Institute (PMI)®--PMP® 15 Professional Development Units.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.