Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Actualizing and Marketing Products for Profit | SVIG.802
More than 500,000 startups launch annually in the U.S. Over 90 percent fail in the first five years. Entrepreneurs everywhere are busy developing apps, baking cupcakes, designing everything from clothing to cutlery, hoping to create thriving businesses. And, the fact is, most won't survive without effective marketing.
This comprehensive 12-week course is marketing practice, total immersion into today's digital marketing methods, and timeless marketing strategies, to build, brand, and grow a sustainable business. Budding and seasoned entrepreneurs are introduced to a proprietary, step-by-step marketing template to actualize ideas into valuable offerings, then market them, for profit. Students will learn the three stages of marketing a business to thrive—from developing a unique product, service or nonprofit message of value to creating campaigns that brand the business and sell their offerings.
- Implement the productization process—a 10-step process for validating ideas and developed offerings (better late than never!) into uniquely valuable products and services, tightly targeted to specific markets.
- Perform competitive analysis, and identify your offering's unique differentiators.
- Project horizontal and vertical offerings; define a profit model; and write an elevator pitch.
- Develop branding for product and company names, logo identities, taglines, and multimedia brand standards.
- Create effective content marketing utilizing professional graphic design techniques to create attention-grabbing campaigns with SEO copy content.
- Understand basic online operations: URLs, webhosting, CMS, and data analytics, including digital and print reproduction.
- Obtain low to no cost visual content with impact, and establish an image library to utilize in your digital and print campaigns.
- Produce marketing content—websites, landing pages, social media marketing, emails, online and print advertising, public relations, and collateral.
- Discover resources for raising capital and create a pitch deck for venture capital or crowdfunding.
By the end of the course, students will have learned the complete process of marketing potential and developed offerings into profitable ventures. This course provides a plug-n-play marketing template to actualize ideas into valuable products and services and effectively market them for sustained business growth.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.