Advanced Management Communications | BUSM.X417
This class focuses on the nexus of communication and leadership. Through a blend of pre-work, lecture, video, discussion, immersive group activities, and problem-solving assignments, students will develop and practice advanced techniques for guiding teams.
You will develop new methods for interviewing people and listening and have the opportunity to role play real life scenarios with classmates. You will write and deliver reports, presentations, and stories, and engage in coaching, research and reflection. You will graduate the class with new communication and leadership skills and the confidence to apply them.
- Give effective direction to the employees of an organization.
- Create consciousness among employees about their duties and responsibilities by supplying information.
- Employ strategies to maintain team cohesion and engagement of work-from-home and hybrid workforces.
- Apply concepts for problem solving, conflict management, and negotiation.
- Formulate communication considerations and guiding ethical principles to use with different organizational and global cultures.
- Explore how ethics affects communication in the workplace.
- Improve ability in the practice of active listening and humble inquiry, and giving and receiving feedback in virtual and face-to face environments.
- Increase one's emotional intelligence through recognizing and overcoming blind spots, and appreciating a nuanced work environment with a diversity of genders, generations, cultures, and technologies.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills: Business Communications or equivalent. Ability to read English and be ready to begin to speak effectively in group settings. Managerial experience is preferred.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.