Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Fall classes are offered remotely—either live-online with an instructor, entirely self-paced, or in a blended online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Advanced Management Communications
Management success requires a suite of skills beyond the basics of giving a presentation, interviewing well, and conducting effective staff meetings. Today's professional needs to master advanced communication and leadership skills including giving and receiving feedback, honing persuasion and influence skills, speaking frankly with diplomacy and tact, demonstrating executive presence, increasing one’s emotional intelligence through recognizing and overcoming blind spots, and appreciating today's nuanced work environment with a diversity of genders, generations, cultures, and technologies.
Building on the Business Communications skills course, through a blend of pre-work, lecture, video, discussion, immersive group activities, and problem-solving team assignments, students will develop and practice advanced communication and leadership skills.
You will interview others and actively listen intently, role play real life scenarios with classmates, write and deliver stories, reports, and presentations, and engage in coaching, research and reflection. You will graduate the class with an udpated toolkit of communication and leadership skills and the confidence to apply them.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Give effective direction to the employees of an organization.
- Create consciousness among employees about their duties and responsibilities by supplying information.
- Apply concepts for problem solving, conflict management, and negotiation.
- Formulate communication considerations and guiding ethical principles to use with different organizational and global cultures.
- Explore how ethics affects communication in the workplace.
- Improve ability in the practice of active listening and humble inquiry, and giving and receiving feedback.
- Increase one's emotional intelligence through recognizing and overcoming blind spots, and appreciating a nuanced work environment with a diversity of genders, generations, cultures, and technologies.
Prerequisite Skills: Business Communications or equivalent. Ability to read English and be ready to begin to speak effectively in group settings. Managerial experience is preferred.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Thu, 10-15-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 10-22-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 10-29-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 11-05-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 11-12-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 11-19-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
|Thu, 12-03-2020||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||ONLINE|
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.