Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
JUnit Test Framework | SEQA.X400
JUnit is one of the most popular open source testing frameworks for all types of Java software applications at the unit, integration, functional, and acceptance testing stages of the software life cycle. This course begins with the fundamentals of JUnit, including installation, setup and integration with Eclipse and Apache Ant, two of the major Integrated Development Environments (IDE) that support JUnit. Then the features of JUnit are covered, along with how different versions compare to each other, and how to customize JUnit and create automated tests.
Students will learn the real-world uses of JUnit, including test strategies and the concept of Test Driven Development (TDD) also known as "test first, code later." Other advanced topics include testing presentation layer, server side, JPA and database access. By the end of this course, students will have learned to use JUnit to test Java applications in all life cycle stages and will be able to apply this framework to build automation testing.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Use JUnit to test Java applications in all stages of software life cycle
- Build automation testing, and Test-Driven methodology (tests first and code later)
- Test database and application server using junit, stub, and mock technology
- JUnit fundamentals & setup
- JUnit comparison
- JUnit customization
- JUnit test automation & build process
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Test strategies
- Real-world use of JUnit
Skills Needed: The assignment requires coding in Java. The course will not repeat Java programming instructions.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.