Visit our COVID update page.
In this course, we’ll take an introductory look at blockchains, smart contracts, distributed identity management, and nonfungible tokens (NFTs).
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Describe the terms blockchain, dapp, Web3 and Layer 2 scaling solutions and interchain
- Compare and contrast the “Big Three” major blockchain platforms: Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Hyperledger
- Discuss and compare use cases for blockchain technology, decentralized identifiers and verifiable credentials
- Categorize fungible and nonfungible tokens.
- Explain uniswaps and stable coins, Defi applications and central bank digital currency
- The three fundamental technologies underlying blockchain systems: distributed consensus, cryptography and distributed ledger data structures
- Identity and access management for blockchains - the difference between permissioned/permissionless, public/private distributed ledgers
- Smart contracts, smart contract programming languages and environments, and how smart contracts turn blockchain into a platform for constructing decentralized applications (dapps)
- Appropriate use cases for blockchain technology solutions and how to successfully execute a blockchain project
- Decentralized identifiers and verifiable credentials
- Tokens and tokenomics: fungible and nonfungible tokens and how to use tokenization to assign value to assets and liabilities that are difficult to quantify
- Financial applications: uniswaps, stablecoins, Defi applications and central bank digital currencies
Students should have a basic understanding of computer systems security. Some familiarity with blockchain applications and cryptocurrency, at a high level, would also be helpful. Basic blockchain technology will be reviewed at the beginning of the course.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Thu, 03-09-2023||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 03-16-2023||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 03-23-2023||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 03-30-2023||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 04-06-2023||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 04-13-2023||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Thu, 04-20-2023||6:30 p.m.||9:30 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|