Subscribe and Save15% discount on select winter courses for all subscribers.
System Updates Scheduled—Thursday Eve
This may affect your ability to complete course registration for short periods of time between 7 p.m. and 11 p.m. PST on Nov. 26. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
Income Taxation in Personal Financial Planning
Designed for students intending to become financial planning professionals, this course focuses on the interrelationship between common income tax rules and planning techniques that are applicable to individuals.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand and explain fundamental tax law.
- Complete a Form 1040.
- Differentiate among sole proprietorships, partnerships, LLPs, LLCs, S-Corps and C-Corps.
- Outline compliance rules for trusts and estates.
- Explain Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT).
- Identify tax reduction and management strategies.
- Understand the tax consequences of property transactions.
- Identify passive and at-risk activities and explain how taxation of these differs.
- Provide recommendations to special circumstances such as supporting an adult parent or child, special needs, and divorce.
- Advise about types of charitable gifts and charitable entities and calculate the maximum deduction allowed in a tax year.
- Sales and exchanges
- Real estate transactions
- Compensation planning and stock options
- Retirement plans
- Business entities
- Overall coordination with the individual's financial plan.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.