25% off Summer Courses through Aug. 31 and 10% off Fall Courses when you enroll by Aug. 15. Discount is not applicable toward our partner programs: Legal Studies, Paralegal Studies, Digital Marketing Science, and Sales Operations.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
All summer & fall classes are offered remotely—either live-online with an instructor, entirely self-paced, or in a blended online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Income Taxation in Personal Financial Planning
Designed for students intending to become financial planning professionals, this course focuses on the interrelationship between common income tax rules and planning techniques that are applicable to individuals.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Understand and explain fundamental tax law.
- Complete a Form 1040.
- Differentiate among sole proprietorships, partnerships, LLPs, LLCs, S-Corps and C-Corps.
- Outline compliance rules for trusts and estates.
- Explain Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT).
- Identify tax reduction and management strategies.
- Understand the tax consequences of property transactions.
- Identify passive and at-risk activities and explain how taxation of these differs.
- Provide recommendations to special circumstances such as supporting an adult parent or child, special needs, and divorce.
- Advise about types of charitable gifts and charitable entities and calculate the maximum deduction allowed in a tax year.
- Sales and exchanges
- Real estate transactions
- Compensation planning and stock options
- Retirement plans
- Business entities
- Overall coordination with the individual's financial plan.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.