This course aims to engage participants through topics about history, current ethical climates, culture and the future of diversity, societal equity and inclusion in the healthcare sector. DEI in healthcare systems & regulations, institutions and equity ethics are covered. The course includes topics related to both physical and mental care in the U.S and abroad including internationalized content such as the World Health Organization, global diversity in STEM, artificial intelligence technologies, and global clinical trials.
Learning OutcomesAt the conclusion of the course, you should be able to
- Demonstrate improved self and societal awareness about access, biases and disparities in healthcare and life sciences related to DEI.
- Apply gained skills and perspectives to be better leaders, collaborators and providers.
- The impact of DEI in Healthcare History
- Equitable access to healthcare, Research, and Justice
- Cross-cultural approaches to DEI in Healthcare
- Regulations, Technology and Safety
Working knowledge of:
- Google Workspace or Microsoft Office to submit assignments
- Canvas navigation links, modules, and using the inbox to communicate with the instructor
Additional InformationPlease review section notes to view the full schedule.
The Discussion section in Canvas will be used. Instructions will be provided in the Announcements and Assignments.
Laptop is required (video optional, but preferred)
Next Section Starts In:
June 20, 2023, 6 p.m.
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Start / End Date||Quarter Units||Cost||Instructor|
|06-20-2023 to 07-18-2023||1.5||$625||Schedule||Enroll|
Final Date To Enroll: 06-20-2023
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Tue, 06-20-2023||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Tue, 06-27-2023||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Tue, 07-11-2023||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Tue, 07-18-2023||6:00 p.m.||9:00 p.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|