All campus visitors must be fully vaccinated (boosted). Masks are highly recommended. Instructors & staff are required to submit a daily symptom check. COVID updates.
In this course, we take all that you know about business, communication, and diversity and examine it through an internationalized lens.
Students will explore key cultural components, such as country-specific histories and current cultural impact, migration, language, ethics, gender roles, customs and perceptions. We will analyze stereotypes and customs, socioeconomic and political factors that have an impact on how we perceive others as well as how others may perceive us.
Once you have experienced the perspectives of other cultures, the biases and the cultural intelligence of ourselves and others, you will be in a stronger position to evaluate business and personal decisions that integrate a truly global perspective. You will be able to apply your practical experience and improve communication in the workplace and have new skills to engage as a global citizen.
This is a perfect course for people interested in international roles and international teams as well as managers looking to improve communication and facilitation skills across diverse teams.
- Discover how they demonstrate and influence biases and stereotypes impacting the workplace.
- Be better prepared to communicate cross-culturally in diverse or international contexts.
- Understand international and global systems influencing how individuals, organizations and nations interact socio-economically and politically.
- Discover how we demonstrate and influence biases and stereotypes.
- Improve cross-cultural communication in an internalized workplace.
- Identify how international and global systems influence socio-economical and political interactions between individuals, organizations and nations.
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.