This final course in the Technical Writing and Communication certificate program prepares students to secure employment as technical communicators. Each student develops an industry-appropriate portfolio and resume that are tailored to the job market and the type of job desired. Students also learn how to make the most of social networks such as LinkedIn and prepare for interviews.
- Identifying the types of jobs the student wishes to pursue
- Defining an appropriate job-search approach
- Developing networking skills
- Developing a resume to support your job search strategy
- Crafting cover letters targeted toward specific job postings
- Creating a professional portfolio and web presence
- Preparing for interviews
- Tracking your networking and job search progress
Prior to enrolling in this class, students must contact the department for approval. E-mail ExtensionProgram@ucsc.edu or call (408) 861-3860.
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: $725
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.