Final Project: Preparing Your Job Search
This final course in the Technical Writing and Communication certificate program prepares students to secure employment as technical communicators. Each student develops an industry-appropriate portfolio and resume that are tailored to the job market and the type of job desired. Students also learn how to make the most of social networks such as LinkedIn and prepare for interviews.
- Identifying the types of jobs the student wishes to pursue
- Defining an appropriate job-search approach
- Developing networking skills
- Developing a resume to support your job search strategy
- Crafting cover letters targeted toward specific job postings
- Creating a professional portfolio and web presence
- Preparing for interviews
- Tracking your networking and job search progress
Prior to enrolling in this class, students must contact the department for approval. E-mail ExtensionProgram@ucsc.edu or call (408) 861-3860.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Mon, 04-06-2020||12:00 a.m.||12:00 a.m.||Online||ONLINE|
|Mon, 05-11-2020||11:58 p.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online||ONLINE|
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.