System Update This Sunday
You may experience a delay in the course registration process and accessing your student account on Sunday from 8 a.m. through Monday at 8 a.m. We're sorry for any inconvenience!
This hands-on course introduces several software tools for working with Java applications, including project configuration, dependency management using Maven, source control using Git, and the IntelliJ IDEA integrated development environment. The course includes an overview of Spring, including core concepts such as Inversion of Control (IoC) and dependency injection.
You will build a sample Java application that creates RESTful Web services. The project relies on Spring Boot and the MySQL database server as the datastore. You will also learn how to create microservices and applications using Spring Boot and work with databases using Java Database Connectivity (JDBC). The course emphasizes testing all parts of your code with test automation, using JUnit and its Spring integration.
The course offers hands-on experience with open-source tools, Cloud services, and databases. Students are required to bring laptops to class.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Build basic REST APIs using Spring Boot and interact with databases
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Microservices deployment architecture
- Utilize Git, Maven and an IDE
- Explain the testing using JUnit
- Tools for building enterprise software: IntelliJ IDEA IDE/Spring Boot, project configuration, dependency management (Maven) and source code management (Git)
- Spring: Dependency injection / Inversion of Control
- Service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Microservices deployment
- Creating RESTful Web services with Spring MVC
- Spring Boot applications
- Testing using JUnit and its Spring integration
- Spring Data – JDBC and MySQL
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.