Designing Training Programs | INDE.X407
This course details how to design a training program or event. You’ll gain insight into the instructional design process, including adult learning principles and training needs analysis with a focus on defining learning objectives; and you’ll learn to use experiential methods to plan learning activities, structure a training program and evaluate your program. The course emphasizes using the appropriate instructional design skills and methods to create a learning activity. You’ll get the chance to design a training activity that applies directly to your work, and receive constructive feedback from the instructor and your peers at various stages of the design process throughout the course.
- Fundamentals of training programs
- Overview of the instructional design process
- Principles of adult learning
- Current issues in training
- Use of the ADDIE model to design a training program: Analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Complete a learning needs assessment
- Write concrete learning objectives for desired training outcomes
- Create appropriate experiential learning activities
- Develop a training plan and create a learning program structure
- Design a training program evaluation
- Develop and present a training program proposal
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.