System Maintenance Thursday Eve
System maintenance is scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 22, 7–8 p.m. PDT. This will affect your ability to enroll in classes. We’ll be back online as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.
Designing Training Programs
This course details how to design a training program or event. You’ll gain insight into the instructional design process, including adult learning principles and training needs analysis with a focus on defining learning objectives; and you’ll learn to use experiential methods to plan learning activities, structure a training program and evaluate your program. The course emphasizes using the appropriate instructional design skills and methods to create a learning activity. You’ll get the chance to design a training activity that applies directly to your work, and receive constructive feedback from the instructor and your peers at various stages of the design process throughout the course.
- Fundamentals of training programs
- Overview of the instructional design process
- Principles of adult learning
- Current issues in training
- Use of the ADDIE model to design a training program: Analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Complete a learning needs assessment
- Write concrete learning objectives for desired training outcomes
- Create appropriate experiential learning activities
- Develop a training plan and create a learning program structure
- Design a training program evaluation
- Develop and present a training program proposal
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.