See our latest COVID updates.
This course details how to design a training program or event. You’ll gain insight into the instructional design process, including adult learning principles and training needs analysis with a focus on defining learning objectives; and you’ll learn to use experiential methods to plan learning activities, structure a training program and evaluate your program. The course emphasizes using the appropriate instructional design skills and methods to create a learning activity. You’ll get the chance to design a training activity that applies directly to your work, and receive constructive feedback from the instructor and your peers at various stages of the design process throughout the course.
- Fundamentals of training programs
- Overview of the instructional design process
- Principles of adult learning
- Current issues in training
- Use of the ADDIE model to design a training program: Analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Complete a learning needs assessment
- Write concrete learning objectives for desired training outcomes
- Create appropriate experiential learning activities
- Develop a training plan and create a learning program structure
- Design a training program evaluation
- Develop and present a training program proposal
Have a question about this course?
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
This course is related to the following programs:
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.