25% off Summer Courses through Aug. 31 and 10% off Fall Courses when you enroll by Aug. 15. Discount is not applicable toward our partner programs: Legal Studies, Paralegal Studies, Digital Marketing Science, and Sales Operations.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
All summer & fall classes are offered remotely—either live-online with an instructor, entirely self-paced, or in a blended online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Designing Training Programs
This course details how to design a training program or event. You’ll gain insight into the instructional design process, including adult learning principles and training needs analysis with a focus on defining learning objectives; and you’ll learn to use experiential methods to plan learning activities, structure a training program and evaluate your program. The course emphasizes using the appropriate instructional design skills and methods to create a learning activity. You’ll get the chance to design a training activity that applies directly to your work, and receive constructive feedback from the instructor and your peers at various stages of the design process throughout the course.
- Fundamentals of training programs
- Overview of the instructional design process
- Principles of adult learning
- Current issues in training
- Use of the ADDIE model to design a training program: Analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Complete a learning needs assessment
- Write concrete learning objectives for desired training outcomes
- Create appropriate experiential learning activities
- Develop a training plan and create a learning program structure
- Design a training program evaluation
- Develop and present a training program proposal
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.