25% off Summer Courses through Aug. 31 and 10% off Fall Courses when you enroll by Aug. 15. Discount is not applicable toward our partner programs: Legal Studies, Paralegal Studies, Digital Marketing Science, and Sales Operations.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
All summer & fall classes are offered remotely—either live-online with an instructor, entirely self-paced, or in a blended online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Design and Analysis of High-Performance Memory Systems
To effectively design, analyze and compare different state-of-the-art memory interfaces, students start with an introduction to memory systems in computing devices such as computers, tablets or smartphones. They shift to an in-depth analysis of standard memory systems for low-power and high-performance applications and begin to discuss the interactions between signaling, clocking architecture and packaging technology of a memory interface.
- Review of the standard memory systems for workstations, desktop, laptop, tablets, and smartphones.
- The design challenges of low-power and high-performance memory interfaces
- The design and optimization of the signaling and clocking architectures, packaging solutions, channel, and power distribution system design
- The dependence of the memory channels on the system environments
- Channel attenuation, dispersion and reflection
- The traditional wirebond-based packaging technologies
- Advanced 2.5D/3D packaging technologies for memory solutions that use TSV technology and Si/Glass interposer for WideIO1 and WideIO2, hybrid memory cube (HMC) and high bandwidth memory (HBM) technologies are introduced.
- Analysis and comparison of different state-of-the-art memory interfaces
Skills Needed: Students must have a basic understanding of digital and analog circuits, signals and systems, computer architecture, and digital communication.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.