Data Privacy and Security for Healthcare and Biosciences
Many companies in the healthcare and bioscience industries utilize Protected Health Information (PHI) or Personally Identifiable Information (PII) to develop and test products such as medical devices and mobile applications, or to perform other services, including data analysis, on their customer’s healthcare related data. This course examines the important data privacy and security issues that govern these industries.
You will develop a complete understanding of the regulations and requirements relevant to your industry and learn how to develop a plan of action for compliance with those standards.
- Relevant state, national and international data privacy and security regulations, including public and private sector laws and rules
- Inappropriate disclosure of PII
- Guiding principles for information privacy
- Medical device security and privacy
- Mobile health (mHealth) security and privacy
- PII and PHI
- HIPAA and HITECH Act requirements and implementation guidelines
- Audit criteria, with particular focus on ONC audits
- FTC requirements
- HIPAA training and risk analysis requirements
- Breach notification requirements and procedures
- Upcoming data privacy and security issues and regulations
The skills presented in this course are valuable to any company that deals with healthcare or patient data. It is intended for regulatory, clinical or IT professionals working in healthcare, the biopharmaceutical, mobile health (mHealth), biotechnology, medical device and healthcare startup sectors, and anyone interested in regulatory issues faced by these industries. This is a great opportunity to learn how to develop a plan to make these companies compliant with privacy and security regulations.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.