New Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Data Analytics for Business Management | BUSM.X406
Formerly titled "Business Statistics I."
An introduction to the business use of statistical concepts and tools, this course covers the basic concepts of descriptive statistics--such as means and variances, uses of probability, and statistical inference--and their application to business processes and decisions. In addition, the course addresses the use of statistical estimation techniques, decision theory (hypothesis-testing process), and the use of regression and correlation.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe the basic concepts and procedures used in data and statistical analysis
- Discuss the ethical dimensions of "big data analytics"
- Identify when to use a particular tool / concept within statistics to solve a real-world problem.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.