25% off Summer Courses through Aug. 31 and 10% off Fall Courses when you enroll by Aug. 15. Discount is not applicable toward our partner programs: Legal Studies, Paralegal Studies, Digital Marketing Science, and Sales Operations.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
All summer & fall classes are offered remotely—either live-online with an instructor, entirely self-paced, or in a blended online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Because Silicon Valley companies draw their workforce from around the globe, both staffers and managers quickly learn that their "default" communication styles aren't always effective. "Dos and don'ts" books about other cultures might be useful in some situations, but most of us need tools for working effectively in a global environment every day. In this highly interactive, practical course, you'll learn how to apply the latest research to intercultural business activities. This course includes studies in the following areas: Competition and teamwork; Feedback and clarification; Appraisal and motivation; Optimal use of time; Coaching employees through cultural transitions; Strategic use of cultural resources.
- Defining cultural proficiency
- Developing self-awareness about beliefs, stereotypes, and communication styles
- Making observations about self and others that will assist in deeper cultural understanding
- Describing the difference between workplace politics and diplomacy
- Beginning a practical plan for becoming a more effective communicator
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.
Ask us any questions you may have about this course.