Saturday Phone Service Interruption
There will be a brief pause in our phone service beginning at noon on Saturday, May 15 through May 16. For course emergencies, you may reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
C Programming for Beginners | CMPR.X400
C language is popular for engineering and commercial applications. It allows developers to maintain the structure and portability of a high-level language while having the detailed control, efficiency and speed of an assembly language. C is the leading language used in hardware application and in software compilers, libraries and interpreters. This course gets you started with application development using the C language.
The course begins with programming and tools overview. It introduces the functions, data types, input/output, strings, operators, precedence, and expressions. It also demonstrates the use of control statements, arrays, and pointers for problem solving. Students will receive assignments to write non-trivial programs and learn to create modular programs with efficiency and readability.
This course will benefit individuals who want to learn C programming language but have little or no programming background. The lectures stress the strengths of C providing students with the means of writing efficient, maintainable and portable code. Each instruction is supplemented with programming exercises.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Utilize C language to write non-trivial programs
- Use variety of data types suitable to specific programming needs including your own data types
- Use functions from C library and create and use your own functions
- Use arrays and pointers as part of the software solution
- Demonstrate the use of the various control flow features
- Utilize modular features of the C language and demonstrate efficiency and readability
- Compiling, linking, executing, debugging and running a C Program
- Functions, data types
- Input and Output, character strings
- Operators and precedence
- Control statement
- Advanced topics
Skills Needed: Technical aptitude and experience with a computer operating system or equivalent knowledge.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Tue, 06-15-2021||12:01 a.m.||12:02 a.m.||Online||ONLINE|
|Tue, 09-14-2021||11:58 p.m.||11:59 p.m.||Online||ONLINE|