Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
C# Programming, Comprehensive | CMPR.X403
Microsoft's .NET technology provides a development and deployment standard for distributed, Web-based and Windows applications. The .NET technologies include a common-language runtime engine, support for multiple programming languages, application and component assembly, and deployment. This course is for beginners as well as intermediate programmers. It introduces students to .NET programming using Microsoft's C# programming language and the Visual Studio development environment.
The course includes a review of the basic constructs of C# language with detailed explanations of the C# regular expressions, delegates, events, generics and collections. It also covers exception handling, threading and synchronization. Sample applications will be used to illustrate core concepts, and the instructor will present real-world code examples in class.
Upon completing the course, students possess the skills necessary to start developing .NET applications using the C# programming language. C# beginners can start on this course.
Learning Outcomes:At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Use C# language for basic-intermediate-advanced level of programs
- Design and Debug software based on C# basic-intermediate-advanced features
- C# language basics
- Developing and Debugging programs using Visual Studio
- Objects and Types
- Inheritance and Polymorphism
- Errors and Exceptions
- Strings and Regular Expressions
- Generics and Collections
- Exceptions, Threading and Security
- File input/output
- Case Study for Windows Application
Skills Needed: Some programming experience with a high-level language such as C, C++, Java or Visual Basic. C# knowledge is not required.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.