Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Applied Organizational Behavior and Coaching | BUSM.X411
An evidence-based course that demonstrates how to use scientific, applied, hands-on coaching management concepts on a daily basis to maximize employee performance, Applied Organizational Behavior and Coaching helps to increase leadership skills. The course explains how to use scientific principles of behavior management to accurately measure the rate at which organizational and individual performance increases. Areas important to becoming a better performance and leadership coach include understanding how a manager’s daily interactions with employees impact performance, management and employee responsibilities, objectively setting and measuring performance standards that also withstand legal challenge, managing within the law, using emotional intelligence, developing cultural intelligence, and working in international environments.
Students will learn how to assess and correct performance behaviors quickly, how to write accurate job descriptions; how to legally manage, appraise and counsel employees, and how to manage employees from different countries. Course material will explain the underpinnings of lean and change processes, and is applicable to profit, non-profit, and governmental organizations.
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Explain the importance of basing management decisions on facts, rather than belief, assumptions, and past practices regarding organizational management
- Understand how employee and management behaviors impact organizational goals and
- Analyze how behavioral systems impact operational systems and strategic
- Explain shaping - a managers’ and a coach’s most important responsibility
- Describe how to define objective performance plans
HRCI®---PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® general recertification credit: 27.5 hours.
Effective February 22, 2020, this course is valid for 27.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.