In this course, students with prior artificial intelligence and software development skills learn to analyze freely available datasets.
You’ll learn how AI has the potential to accelerate global efforts to protect the environment and conserve resources by detecting energy emission reductions and CO2 removal, as well as develop green transportation networks, monitor deforestation efforts, and predict extreme weather conditions.
- Analyze free satellite data available through NASA and Google Earth Engine
- Use artificial intelligence techniques to answer critical questions around sustainability
- Apply the right metrics to evaluate your model
- Develop your own end-to-end solution on GitHub
- Present a capstone project to the class
In addition to building a stronger, more impactful AI portfolio, by the end of the course, you will be prepared for Deep Learning and Artificial Intelligence with TensorFlow and Keras and any course that involves deep learning, Keras, sustainability, and MLOps.
At the conclusion of the course, you will be able to
- Appraise the variety of machine learning methods based on the way they work and the tasks they accomplish, including the type of data needed
- Perform operations and data analyses using Python
- Obtain, interpret, and explain results in the sustainability context
- Evaluate machine learning methodology in published research
- Structure an end-to-end machine learning project in sustainability
- Save Your Seat
Help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- Accessing Canvas
Learn more about gaining access to your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Accessibility and Accommodation
For accessibility questions or to request an accommodation, please visit Access for Students with Disabilities or email the Extension registrar.
Finance Your Education
Here are ways to pay for your education.
Estimated Cost: TBD
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.