Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
AI for Startup Executives and Business Managers | SVIG.807
Artificial intelligence has emerged as a key skill for managers and executives in any innovation unit or startup.
In this foundational business course you’ll explore AI basics, its application in various functional areas, machine learning fundamentals, common algorithms, and new developments in deep learning. A study of AI use cases will clarify how it applies in key functional areas such as marketing, sales, service, supply chain, and revenue management. We’ll also discuss some of the far-reaching ethics and risks of AI implementation.
By the end of the course, you’ll have an understanding of how to apply AI solutions at your startup or in key business units, including the areas of team building, decision making, and cross-team collaboration. This is an opportunity to become comfortable in taking the lead in setting up AI strategy to grow your company.
- Learn AI fundamentals and key applications
- Understand machine learning, deep learning basics, and widely used algorithms
- Define your team and organizational business needs and see where AI applications can be implemented—marketing, sales, customer service, supply chain, revenue management
- Clarify ethics, policy, and risks management for AI
- Develop strategy for an AI application
- Build a convincing business plan or capital investment pitch deck for executives
- Understand the people aspects of building a successful business application using AI
No software needed. Recommended texts will be provided in the class materials.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Course Availability Notification
Please use this form to be notified when this course is open for enrollment.