Fall Hours • COVID-19 Update
The Silicon Valley Campus is open 4–9:30 p.m. on Monday–Friday and 8 a.m.–5 p.m. on Saturday.
Artificial Intelligence for Robotics | AISV.807
The AI robotics industry is rapidly growing, creating numerous jobs for people who understand enterprise implementation. In this AI for Robotics course, you will learn the role AI plays in enabling robotic technologies to solve a variety of enterprise problems. We will focus on advanced AI techniques for perception, manipulation, reasoning, and learning, and explore methods for integrating these techniques with robots and drones. You will learn to train your own custom machine learning models to perform object detection and explore the AI software development life cycle and its specific nuances—data preparation, model training, and validation.
Through discussion, technical demonstration and hands-on practice, you will learn to:
- Design, develop, and deploy AI applications for robotics.
- Translate industry use cases into AI for robotics application in large enterprises.
- Apply machine learning techniques such as computer vision and natural language processing for robotics.
- Industry use cases and case studies in AI for robotics
- Robotics architecture
- Data acquisition and sensor fusion
- Computer vision
- Crack detection
- Mobile picking robots
- Natural language processing
- Collaborative robots
- Demonstrations and project presenations
- Deep learning applications
Students should be proficient in programming languages, such as C++ or Python. Knowledge of AI/ML solutions and related frameworks is suggested as well as familiarity with algebra and higher-level mathematics.
- Save your seat and help us confirm course scheduling. Enroll at least seven days before your course starts.
- ACCESSING CANVAS—Learn more about accessing your course on Canvas in our FAQ section.
Sections Open for Enrollment:
|Date:||Start Time:||End Time:||Meeting Type:||Location:|
|Sat, 10-23-2021||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA|
|Sat, 10-30-2021||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||Flexible||SANTA CLARA|
|Sat, 11-06-2021||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 11-13-2021||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||Live-Online||REMOTE|
|Sat, 11-20-2021||9:00 a.m.||11:00 a.m.||Flexible||OFF SITE|