Home / Content / New Mobile App
Silicon Valley Campus Extension in the Palm of your Hand
We've launched a new mobile app to help you plan your UCSC Extension professional education. Search hundreds of night and weekend classes and investigate dozens of professional certificate programs. Stay on top of the latest campus news, schedule changes, and new courses.
- Find the most up-to-date information about our 37 certificate programs, professional skills awards, credential and exam prep courses, and hundreds of night and weekend classes each semester.
- Research your area of study (or several at the same time) and get a list of all the courses in that category so you can pick and choose one at a time or understand what is required in our UC-approved certificate programs
- Maybe you want to save the class dates directly to your personal calendar and see how they look against your busy social calendar? Great. Just save it to your calendar.
- See a list of upcoming classes and events, starting from whatever date you want.
- Global search by topic, course title, specific date, and your favorite instructors’ names. Only want to look at online courses? Go ahead and type that in.
- Contact UCSC Extension departments with a single tap.
- Find us. Get directions to our beautiful campus building through an integrated Google map.
- Receive general alerts about issues affecting activities or courses at our facility.
- Connect to our new blog From the Silicon Valley Campus with a tap. (Oh yea, that’s new too!)
“You’re a mobile student population and we know you need the most up-to-date information in the palm of your hand,” says Lynda Rogers, dean of UCSC Extension. “So, we’ve taken our vast academic catalog and developed it into an app that you can access on your mobile devices. You now have the most current information available.”
We want to give a shout-out to our students and instructors in Audrey Blumeneau's Designing with Cascading Style Sheets: Advanced; Eric Dorf’s Mobile Interface Design course; and Bess Ho’s Developing Applications for iPhone and iPad, Introduction. They have helped us with their ideas, suggestions, and on-the-ground beta testing. Thanks also to our mobile software development team at Santa Clara-based Kraftic for all their work behind the scenes that made the app possible.
Keep an eye out for new features, refinements, and updates. Give us feedback any time.
Bye printed catalog. Yay trees!
To those of you who, like some of us, will miss the handy print catalog that has served us so well for 50 years, we’re here to help. If you need any help learning about our offerings, please reach out to our Outreach Team (408-861-3860).