Head up your own ECE center
Running your own day care center or serving as a site supervisor for our youngest learners requires the vision of an entrepreneur, the skills of a manager, and the heart of a teacher. Learn best practices for recruiting, teacher training, and staff management while working toward your state child development site supervisor or program director permit. You will learn to instill positive guidance and discipline into your curriculum for infants, toddlers, and young children.
ECE Supervision and Administration certificate program objectives:
- Develop age-appropriate curriculum for the ECE classroom
- Understand social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development from prenatal stages through middle childhood
- Promote oral language abilities through active use of books, poetry, dramatic play, and group discussion
- Instill positive guidance and discipline
- Learn how to introduce a love for math and art.
- Decode healthcare policies and procedures in the child care setting
- Communicate with and develop effective relationships with parents
Cost: $3,000 | International Tuition Cost
Required Credits: Total Required: 6–9 courses/18 units. Take 4 required courses (12 units) and 2–5 elective credit courses (6 units). End with certificate of completion review.
Duration: A full-time student can complete the certificate in 9–12 months.
Recommended Course Sequence
Flexible course sequence
Courses may be taken in any order provided the prerequisites are met.
To receive your certificate
Site Supervisor and Program Director credentialing. You must complete six semester units of coursework in administration and supervision of child care and development programs and two semester units in adult supervision to qualify for Site Supervisor and Program Director permits. Our courses help qualify you for these permits. Please go to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing to learn how to qualify for Site Supervisor and Program Director permits by taking our courses.