25% off all 2020 Summer Courses
Courses starting June through August 31. Discount applied at checkout. Not applicable toward Legal or Paralegal Studies courses.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
All summer classes are offered in a live-online format. Please check our coronavirus update page for our latest announcements.
Head up your own ECE center
Running your own day care center or serving as a site supervisor for our youngest learners requires the vision of an entrepreneur, the skills of a manager, and the heart of a teacher. Learn best practices for recruiting, teacher training, and staff management while working toward your state child development site supervisor or program director permit. You will learn to instill positive guidance and discipline into your curriculum for infants, toddlers, and young children.
ECE Supervision and Administration certificate program objectives:
- Develop age-appropriate curriculum for the ECE classroom
- Understand social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development from prenatal stages through middle childhood
- Promote oral language abilities through active use of books, poetry, dramatic play, and group discussion
- Instill positive guidance and discipline
- Learn how to introduce a love for math and art.
- Decode healthcare policies and procedures in the child care setting
- Communicate with and develop effective relationships with parents
Cost: $3,000 | International Tuition Cost
Required Credits: Total Required: 6–9 courses/18 units. Take 4 required courses (12 units) and 2–5 elective credit courses (6 units). End with certificate of completion review.
Duration: A full-time student can complete the certificate in 9–12 months.
Certificate Inquiry Form
Recommended Course Sequence
Flexible course sequence
Courses may be taken in any order provided the prerequisites are met.
To receive your certificate
Site Supervisor and Program Director credentialing. You must complete six semester units of coursework in administration and supervision of child care and development programs and two semester units in adult supervision to qualify for Site Supervisor and Program Director permits. Our courses help qualify you for these permits. Please go to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing to learn how to qualify for Site Supervisor and Program Director permits by taking our courses.
You can enroll in a certificate program any time during your studies.
Once you create your student account, you can enroll in a certificate program. Although you can enroll in a program at any time, the benefit of enrolling early is that it locks in your certificate requirements. This means that even if program requirements change, the requirements to complete your certificate will remain the same for you.
- You must enroll in the certificate program before enrolling in the Certificate Completion Review.
You have a total of five years to complete all necessary courses in a certificate program.
All the necessary units in a certificate must be completed within a five-year window. The clock begins on the first day of your first course in the certificate program. For example, if you started a course on Sept. 5, 2017, you would have to complete all of the required units in this certificate by Sept. 4, 2022.
- Enrolling in a certificate program does not trigger the beginning of the five-year window. It begins the first day of the first course that applies to a certificate program.
- The Certificate Completion Review process does not have to occur within the five-year timeframe.
Please note that only letter grades of C- or higher may be applied to a certificate, and in some programs, students may have more stringent requirements. Students in most employer- and government-sponsored payment programs, such as workforce development, as well as international students on F-1 visas, need to maintain a B average to meet their requirements. Personal Financial Planning students have additional grade requirements for individual courses to attain a certificate.
See Grading and Credits Policy for further information.