The course introduces the fundamental building blocks of enterprise storage such as SAN, NAS, Fibre Channel (FC), Fibre Channel Over IP (FC/IP), FCoE, and the core concepts of block, file, and object storage. It demystifies today’s storage technologies in flash, cloud, mobility, converged storage, software-defined storage, SDDC, and Big Data storage. The course also covers the blueprint of cloud computing and the implementation of public, private and hybrid cloud storage.
By the end of the course, you will understand the essential storage and network virtualization technologies used in today’s data centers, as well as how to establish a baseline for performance, capacity and ROI.
- Disk drive technologies
- Review of DAS, SAN, and NAS technologies
- Underlying storage and network storage protocols such as FC, IP, FCIP, iSCSI, FCoE
- Flash and semiconductor storage and tiering
- Converged and hyper-converged storage
- Meeting SLAs, RTOs and RPOs
- Replications and snapshots
- Storage and network virtualization
- Data Storage and Big Data analytics
- Private, public and hybrid cloud computing
Note(s): Registered students will be invited to join the NetApp Certified Storage Associate (NCSA) program, which grants them free access to additional online courses and online lab exercises that cover NetApp storage configurations. Students will also receive a voucher applicable toward the NCSA certification exam fee. Participation is optional.
Skills Needed: A basic technical understanding of networking and storage concepts and terminology.