The open source community has provided high productivity, fast-track alternatives to using commercial tools in Web design. This course introduces design patterns as a technique for rapid website production and provides an overview of open source libraries and frameworks to add to the designer’s toolbox. Today's professional designers have embraced grid standardization and responsive design layouts with frameworks like Twitter Bootstrap, Foundation, SemanticUI, Material Design and more. By working with a set of proven design patterns rolled into a well-tested framework, the designer can create a website for all contemporary viewports with the least amount of trial and error.
- Definition and value of design patterns
- HTML/CSS design patterns
- Examples of how companies standardize with internal design patterns
- The Twitter Bootstrap design pattern
- Components in the Twitter Bootstrap framework, including the jQuery slider
- The Foundation design pattern
- How to implement interactivity in a Foundation design