In today’s world, the concept of mindshare is crucial to building successful public relations campaigns. Because customers have access to more information about a company, there is an increasing amount of public discussion about its activities, products and services. Without mindshare, marketing efforts can become misguided, superior technology fails to be adopted, and even the most promising companies fail to blossom. Yet winning the mindshare battle is more challenging than meets the eye.
Today's public relations practitioner needs to be an integrated media person who can build trust and credibility by gaining exposure and creating an ongoing dialogue with customers. By leveraging a variety of readings, exercises, case studies and guest speakers, this course explores the power of public relations to build credibility, trust, goodwill and reputation. The course is a good fit for professionals at various stages of their careers who want a strong foundation in PR basics and are interested in building comprehensive PR strategies.
- Communications channels
- Trade shows and event management
- Wire services
- Search-optimized press releases
- Editorial calendar management
- Press conferences and press tours
- Product reviews
- Ongoing public relations management
- Budgets for international PR
- Spokesperson training
- Crisis communications
- In-house vs. agency PR
At the conclusion of the course, you should be able to:
- Define public relations
- Describe a comprehensive view of public relations strategy
- Apply a few key PR tools
- Identify a career path in media and analyst relations, using diverse skills such as writing and editing, rich media, social media, communications planning, positioning and messaging, executive communications, or measurement and analysis.