The course focuses on installation and configuration of an Oracle Database 12C instance on the cloud, as well as Recovery Manager (RMAN), emphasizing the advanced backup/recovery options to ensure 24/7 database operations. You will learn the Oracle flashback technology in recovery. The course covers advanced resource management and methodologies for augmenting database performance. The instructor will share additional optimization techniques used in high-performance, high-availability and real-world environments.
The course provides access to material from Oracle and cloud accounts provided by hosting services to install and configure Oracle Database 12c instances. All the course work is taught on the Linux platform with hands-on exercises. The course prepares you for the Oracle Certified Professional exam.
- Review of architecture terms and concepts
- Oracle12c installation
- RMAN: Essentials review
- RMAN recovery catalog database configuration
- Complete and incomplete database recovery
- Database recovery scenarios, including control files, tempfiles, pfiles, and spfiles
- Understanding the Oracle12c database flashback technology stack
- Tuning and optimizing DB recovery scenarios and utilizing the Oracle12c database flashback
- Advanced resource management, scheduler workflow and job components
- Understanding database performance models
- SQL tuning and optimization
- Monitoring and tuning database infrastructure in highly-available production environments
- Understanding database refresh, cloning and duplication for facilitating optimized release cycles
Skills Needed: Linux experience. "Introduction to Linux" is recommended, but not required.