The school provides short-term licenses of commercial prototyping tools (Balsamiq Mockups and Fluid UI) for sketching wireframe and mobile prototyping. Designing your own prototype will provide opportunities to explore new types of touch- and gesture-based user interaction that can expand the functional possibilities of your apps. This exercise will demonstrate how mobile products can be rapidly developed and released to the market.
The course covers the trends, industry practices and techniques for the most popular platforms, and by the end of the course, you will have created an engaging user interface prototype for a mobile application or the web. This mobile UI prototype will incorporate the new conceptual and technical skills learned, and can also function as a portfolio piece for future endeavors.
- iOS 11/12 and Android Material Design Human Interface Guidelines
- Responsive Design/Parallax UX Design
- iOS 11/12 and Android UI patterns
- Cryptocurrency & Blockchain UX
- Lean Mobile UX
- Windows 10 UX/UI design
- Mobile design strategy
- Mobile platforms and technology
- Meaningful mobile experiences
- Form factor user interface
- Low fidelity mobile concepts
- Mobile prototyping software
- Prototyping methods
- Mobile storytelling workflow
- Gesture experiences
- High fidelity mobile prototyping
- Designing for the developing world
- Tactile interfaces
- Mobile tagging
- Methods to pitch your product to VC
- Design portfolio showcasing your app
Skills needed: Familiarity with a drawing tool is recommended for the exercises (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or Sketch) but not required.