This course helps you to learn the basics of LAMP including installation, deployment and developing website with most commonly used functionality and database as backend. The students will also learn the basics of programming MySQL (a popular web database) and PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor, a web site scripting language). The course uses case studies to help students relate the teaching material with real world applications. In this class, students will learn theory during lectures and perform practices on their computers to reinforce the concepts and usage of LAMP. Students will be able to develop basic to intermediate level 3-tier Web sites and web applications on their own with a database in the back-end.
- Introduction to LAMP
- Linux installation and fundamentals
- Linux administration
- Apache Web server installation and configuration
- MySQL database installation and configuration
- PHP interpreter installation and configuration
- Introduction to Web technologies
- Creating database, PHP language
- Creating Web pages
- Communication between Web pages and database
- Web security
- Web hosting by third party
Skills Needed: Basic knowledge and experience with Web site development on Linux or Windows. Some programming experience will be helpful. Students can have the option of learning Apache, MySQL and PHP on Windows platform. Linux platform is preferred but not required.