This course focuses on how facilitation skills are applied to create and support learning activity designed to improve individual, group, and organizational performance. Participants also learn how these skills can be applied to other organizational needs related to training: effective meetings, team-building efforts, and individual training and development programs. This experiential course gives participants an opportunity to practice facilitation skills and receive feedback on how to improve their performance.
- The values of facilitation
- Building and maintaining a learning environment
- Group development skills
- Group observation skills
- Experimental techniques for interacting with groups
- Recording theory and practice
- Examination of key processes necessary in successfully leading learning activities (such as needs assessment, priorities and goals, conflict resolution, decision making, problem solving, and communication)