This course provides an overview of performance management, what it is, its benefits, and how it is applied in most organizations. You will learn how to develop effective performance management systems which involve goal setting, coaching and feedback, motivation, measuring performance against goals, performance appraisals, and employee development. In addition, you will gain an understanding of how employee coaching and leadership development tie in closely with succession planning, by developing high potential employees and identifying successors for senior level positions within an organization. We will also watch and defend a "mock performance appraisal review," listen to two guest speakers discuss new best practices in performance management, and review and implement new and experienced manager training.
During this class, you will:
- Learn how performance management is used correctly and sometimes incorrectly.
- Understand how performance management means managing employee behavior in performing job requirements.
- See how performance management is critical for getting organizational alignment and successful results. What about positive feedback?
- Know how to develop and utilize a PM process and a performance appraisal system.
- Gain managerial tips to on how to effectively implement performance management in an organization.
- Understand how the performance management process dovetails into leadership development coupled with succession planning.
- Learn about new manager training and development plans