Understanding the DITA standard topic types and the content that is included in each type is crucial to getting the most from DITA-authored content. This course covers the basics of the DITA standard (topics and maps), guidelines and best practices around the standard, and the building blocks of good topic-based information. Participants will learn to produce reusable topics and usable, user-centered content that can be quickly configured to meet new product, user, or media requirements.
- Basic introduction to XML
- Topic-based authoring and the DITA standard
- DITA content types (concept, task, reference, and glossary)
- Creating titles, short descriptions, and other content appropriate for each DITA type
- Designing information deliverables using maps
- Reusing content within a topic or map
Familiarity with XML and with task-oriented authoring practices will be beneficial.