This hands-on course introduces several software tools for working with Java applications, including project configuration, dependency management using Maven, source control using Git, and the Eclipse development environment. The course includes an overview of Spring, including core concepts such as Inversion of Control (IoC) and dependency injection.
You will build a sample Java application that creates RESTful Web services. The project uses Spring Boot and the MySQL database server as the datastore. You will also learn how to create microservices applications using Spring Boot and work with databases using Hibernate. The course emphasizes testing all parts of your code with test automation, using JUnit and its Spring integration.
The course offers hands-on experience with open-source and demo tools, servers and databases. Students are required to bring laptops to class.
- Tools for building enterprise software: Eclipse IDE/Spring STS, project configuration, dependency management (Maven) and source code management (Git)
- Spring: Dependency injection / Inversion of Control
- Service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Microservices deployment
- Creating RESTful Web services with Spring MVC
- Spring Boot applications
- Testing using JUnit and its Spring integration
- Spring Data – JPA, Hibernate and MySQL