This course provides an in-depth exploration into the expanding world of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), covering responsive website designs that work with smartphone, tablet or desktop monitors. Lectures and hands-on exercises cover essential CSS3 properties, concepts, techniques, and applications of media queries, styling forms, fonts and structural pseudo-classes. You will also learn how to handle browser compatibility issues.
By the end of the course, you’ll know how to use the latest CSS capabilities to create Web pages with clean, efficient and cutting-edge designs that meet the demands of mobile, tablet and desktop users.
- Designing Web pages that respond to media types (mobile phones, tablets, desktops)
- Child, sibling and structural pseudo-class selectors
- Style forms
- Drop-down menus
- Image styling techniques (image replacement, galleries, drop shadows, borders)
- Browser compatibility issues
- CSS3 properties, including:
* Border radius
* Box and text shadows
Skills Needed: It is required that students take the prerequisite courses or have equivalent experience. HTML and CSS basics will not be repeated in this course.