This two-day foundations course is an introduction to the world of bitcoin, blockchain, and distributed ledgers. We'll cover the basics, look at how bitcoin works under the hood, explore the brief and fascinating history of bitcoin and blockchain, and show you the very practical usage of these technologies.
The aim of the course is to provide a solid foundation for those looking to gain a deeper understanding and learn how it will affect their business areas. With a firm focus but not entirely limited to the finance industry we will look at use cases that are already in the market and those that will come in the future.
- Blockchain basics disintermediation and consensus methods
- Public, private, hybrid and permission
- Accessing utilities ku and tx and wallets
- Smart contracts, bitcoin, ethereum (and others) and hyperledger
- Pros and cons
- Public blockchain apps: InsurEth, Augur, Digix
- Governments, regulation, and reporting
- A use case: blockchain in finance
- Decentralized autonomous organizations (DAO)
- The future of blockchain
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Students, executives, entrepreneurs, and enthusiasts interested in understanding the basics of blockchain technology and the impact it will have in our work and personal lives.
Basic algebra required.
THE BLOCKCHAIN ACADEMY
We are pleased to partner with The Blockchain Academy to bring you this course, one in a growing portfolio of business and developer track courses. TBA is a global training organization of industry experts focused on providing an interactive and practical experience for career excellence in bootcamp- or workshop-style environments.