This course presents a comprehensive view of benefits, including the latest approaches for analyzing and selecting programs and funding options, developing strategies and negotiating techniques to reduce healthcare costs, and evaluating employee needs and helping them better understand their coverage. Participants gain a comprehensive view of benefits and specific, vital information on how to analyze benefits programs, negotiate with benefits carriers, and help employees better understand and use their coverage. Topics Include:
- Health and welfare plans, including cafeteria plans
- The Affordable Health Care Act and Covered California
- Qualified retirement plans such as 401(k) plans
- Vacation and sick leave programs, incidental benefits
- Overall benefit cost management
Note(s): HRCI--PHR, SPHR and GPHR general recertification credit, 19.25 hours.