Build Your Administrative Professional Skills
Once you have a solid foundation in administrative support, you can build your own career trajectory. This is especially true in the UCSC Extension Professional Award for Administrative Professionals where you learn practical skills in three key areas:
- Business Finance
- Strategic Communications, and
- Effective Writing.
Add on an elective such as facilitation, project management, customer relations, or public relations fundamentals and launch your career in business support. You can continue to grow your career by applying the units from this professional award to the Business Administration certificate. Make yourself an invaluable member of any dynamic team.
Learning Outcomes in the Administrative Professionals Program
- Develop a broad understanding of financial concepts and tools.
- Demonstrate effective organizational communication.
- Apply proficiency fundamentals of administrative roles including human resources, financial responsibilities, public relations, and project management.
Estimated Cost: $3,000 (you pay only for courses you enroll in)
Required Credits: 4 courses/minimum 6.5 units. Take 2 core courses (3 units) and 2 elective credit courses (3.5–4 units)
Duration: A student can complete this professional award in 6 months.
1. Two Required Courses
2. Two Elective Courses Required
3. Enroll in the Award Completion Fee to request your Award once all other requirements have been met.