UCSC Extension Computer Labs
The computer systems installed in these labs are equipped with the current versions of software required for all courses scheduled here. The software includes a portfolio of business, design, programming, database and tool systems. The software includes the titles most commonly found in Silicon Valley companies. Most lab computers allow printing and high-speed Internet access.
Our upgraded Macintosh lab now boasts cutting-edge workstations. Each workstation has a Mac Pro with Dual-Core Intel processors, 20-inch flat-panel Apple cinema display and high-speed Internet access. Each workstation is fully loaded with professional software, including Adobe CS4. With these state-of-the-art workstations, we offer hands-on courses on graphics and Web design, as well as courses on developing Rich Internet Applications, mobile and gaming applications.
- Wireless Access
Wireless Internet access is provided in all throughout our facility. The appropriate wireless network card is required. Any wireless connection is open to the Internet. No protection against viruses, worms, intrusion, and other data vulnerabilities is provided by Extension; protective software must be installed on the owner’s portable computer
- UCSC Main Campus Library Access
Extension students can visit UCSC campus libraries without a fee. If you want checkout privileges, you must join UCSC Friends of the Library. Call the library circulation desk at 831-459-5185 for information.
- UCSC Alumni Membership
Extension students are invited to become members of the UCSC Alumni Association after completing 15 or more units of credit courses. Call (408) 861-3730 for more information.
UCSC Extension Proctoring Services
Please call (408) 861-3780 to inquire about exam times available Monday through Friday.
Proctoring Services Include
- Scheduling of the examination and collection of the proctoring fee directly from the student or school, as preferred by the school
- A quiet, well-lighted area within supervisory distance of the proctor
- Verification of any instructional materials allowed during the examination process
- Security of the sealed examination until it is opened in the student's presence at the beginning of the examination session
- Identification of the student by photo I.D. and verification of the student's signature on any certification accompanying the examination
- The return of all papers, including scratch sheets, examination questions, and the completed certification directly to the school
- Termination of the examination, collection of exam materials, and immediate notification to the school of improper conduct on the part of the student or any evidence that there has been a violation of the examination process
- Availability on site at UCSC Extension’s Santa Clara facilities
Student Account Information
You must set up an account to purchase a course.
Simply click check-out and you will be prompted to create a new
customer account. You can change your password whenever you are logged in.
Access for Students with Disabilities
In keeping with the provisions and guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act, UCSC Extension makes every effort to make reasonable accommodation for those students with disability-related needs.
If you require accommodation, please contact our Student Services Office at least two weeks prior to the event or course. Our ADA Officer will work closely with you and the department sponsoring the course or event to ensure your access with reasonable accommodation.
The phone number to call is (408) 861-3749. If you need to use the California Relay Service, that number is (800) 735-2922.