The Program the Media Is Buzzing About
Enroll in the Bay Area’s only training program for Administrative/Executive Assistants, and the only one covered by Silicon Valley's major media, including the San Jose Mercury News and Silicon Valley Business Journal. Whether you are looking to enter the profession or are aiming for the next level, you’ll receive tailored instruction and mentoring delivered by experienced CEO Executive Assistants.
Fast-Growing Employment Opportunity
According to the U.S. Department of Labor: “This occupation is expected to be among those with the largest number of new jobs. Administrative assistants hold more than 4.2 million jobs...ranking it among the largest occupations in the U.S. economy.”
One of Today's Most Sought-After Jobs
This program will help get you one of the most sought after jobs in the market today! Acquire essential skills while learning methods and tools that your manager will notice:
- Increase your productivity and effectiveness
- Improve your ability to organize and prioritize
- Expand your network and build alliances
- Develop self-confidence
- Garner respect for your position, yourself, and others
- Set realistic goals to achieve positive results
This Program Can Help You Get the Right Job
Our program examines the technical and administrative skills necessary to meet current job requirements in small and large corporations in the Silicon Valley business universe. While students gain hands-on training from leading CEO assistants, they enter that network. This unique opportunity to interact with Silicon Valley’s most prominent EAs, as well as fellow students, invariably surfaces job opportunities for professional administrators.
Other Tangible Benefits This Program Delivers
Individual courses give you skills you can apply immediately. Adding this certificate to your résumé will open doors to Fortune 500 companies in addition to providing:
- Tips and tricks from experienced CEO and Senior Executive Assistants
- Tools to keep you on top of your game, and make you a valuable asset
- Ideas on how to make the most of your career as a professional administrator
- Confirmation that you are in a position and career that is in high demand
- Opportunity to achieve your goals, gain courage and build confidence
Bonnie Savage, CEO Assistant, Avaya Inc.
Debbie Gross, CEO Assistant, Cisco Systems
Sherry Parsons, Executive Administrative Manager, Earthbound Farm
Rachael Chambers, Program Manager, Cisco Systems, and former CEO Assistant
There are no specific prerequisites for entering this program.
Recommended Course Sequence
"Communication Skills for Administrative and Executive Assistants" and "Project Management for Administrative and Executive Assistants" must be completed prior to enrolling in "Administrative and Executive Assistants' Practicum."
Certificate Application Information
We encourage you to establish candidacy in a certificate program early in your studies. There are substantial benefits in doing so:
- Curriculum changes subsequent to the date your application is received will not affect your course requirements.
- Candidates will be notified of updates or special opportunities related to the program
Business and Management Program Contact
Administrative & Executive Assistant Certificate Requirements
Total: 14.5 units
Required: 9 units
Elective: 5.5 units
C or better in all courses.
Timeline: Complete minimum units/courses within 3 years.
Note: Courses completed more than five years prior to date of certificate issuance cannot be used to fulfill requirements.
How to Apply
All course materials are distributed via our online learning platform, UCSC Extension Online. If you enroll for a course with online materials, you will receive an email with log in information.
Ready to Download? Log in to the Online Portal. Go to My Sites and click Resources and/or Lessons under Course Tools.
Don't have a log in yet? Visit our course materials page for details.
Click here for information about ordering textbooks.