Extension Online Login Procedures
You will be issued a UCSC Extension Online account when you enroll for the first time in an online, hybrid, or classroom course with a web-component. You should receive Log In information via email within 24 hours of enrolling. If more than 24 hours have passed since you enrolled, and you have not received a confirmation email with your account information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (408) 861-3832.
The UCSC Extension Online account that you are issued for your first Online course should be used for all future Online courses at UCSC Extension. If you enroll in another course with web-accessible resources, simply use your UCSC Extension Online account to access them. You will not receive an email upon enrollment with new account information.
Forgot your UCSC Extension Online User Name or Password? Please visit our UCSC Extension Online Account Management page.
With your UCSC Extension Online User Name and Password, you may login directly at: https://online.ucsc-extension.edu.
What To Expect
- After you enroll for the first time in a course with online materials, your username and password will be e-mailed to you within 24 hours.
- Returning students will use the same Extension Online account for all future courses.
- Upon receipt of your login information, you will receive access only to Extension Online.
- Courses have fixed start and end dates.
- You will be granted access to your online course materials one day prior to the published Start Date.
- If you have enrolled less than 24 hours before the Start Date, you will be granted access the next business day.
- Online course materials will be accessible for exactly two weeks after the published course End Date.
- Inside Extension Online, you will find a user-friendly interface and a standardized look across all courses.
- Your personalized workspace provides tools to organize your resources and a view of all your available online courses.
- Your instructor will decide whether you may complete modules at your own pace within the course’s timeframe.
- Instructors are not available 24/7.
- Instructors maintain regular contact throughout courses via announcements, discussion forums and/or email.
- Upon course completion, your final grade will be added to your permanent UCSC Extension transcript.
What is Expected of You
- Know the basic Technical Requirements for accessing online course materials.
- Log into your course within the first week to confirm your participation.
- Review the course syllabus and other preliminary course materials immediately and thoroughly.
- Raise your questions and seek clarification about the syllabus within the first week of the course.
- Take an active role in each course, participating fully in the discussions, assignments and other activities.
- If an external event interferes with your participation, you are responsible for notifying the instructor proactively.
- Complete all coursework on time, as outlined in the course syllabus.
- Acceptance of late work is not a given and penalties for lateness are at the discretion of the instructor.
- Complete an Evaluation Survey for each course to assess the instructor and the course.
- The same standards and rules apply online as they do in our traditional classrooms.
- Your academic conduct must adhere to the highest standards of integrity.
- Your personal conduct must embody respect for the diversity of our institution.
- If you have any questions about any of these expectations, refer to the UCSC Extension Student Handbook.
- UCSC Extension Online is a State agency. By studying here, you are required to adhere to State laws and regulations.
Online Help and Support
From any screen within our Online Learning Center, you can click "Help" or the "?" symbol, to access the Collaborative Learning Environment (CLE) Support Center managed by our platform provide, rSmart. Their CLE Support Center is prominently displayed, well organized, and easy to use.
For technical assistance with your UCSC Extension Online account, or with the Online Learning Center, please contact email@example.com or call (408) 861-3832.
If you have a question about your course registration, or another issue unrelated to the Online Learning Center itself, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (408) 861-3700.