Home / Certificate Programs
"Some of the students taking bioscience courses are already employed in the biotech industry and take our courses to support their career advancement strategies. In another scenario, we frequently have students with non biological backgrounds. Over the years, I’ve had a number of students from Silicon Valley high tech companies who take our bioscience courses as a first step to switch their careers."
— Edward Rozhon, Chair/Instructor Bionformatics and Biotechnology programs
Ideal for :
• Bioinformatics researchers, in academia or in industry
• Medical professionals such as physicians or genetic counselors
• Biologists who employ computational methods
• Bioinformatics engineers who create the computational methods to use in science research
• Core facilities researchers at scientific institutions
• Software developers who develop new algorithms and tools for bioinformatics research
• Educators or PhDs interested in pursuing a teaching career in tandem with research
• Data analysts who want to focus on scientific applications
Courses are offered in classroom and online.
16 units: 9 units of required credit and 7 units of elective credit
Most courses take between 4 - 10 weeks to complete. Certificate, if pursued full-time, can take a year