Python language is gaining popularity because its use enhances program correctness and increases programmer efficiency. Because of its clear and elegant syntax, dynamic typing, automatic memory management, and straight-forward module architecture, Python is simple to learn and fun to use. Its code is easy to read, write, extend and modify. This lab-based course offers proficiency in the core concepts of Python, and the skills and knowledge for building applications using any of the tens of thousands of task-specific Python libraries.
- The Python environment and code introspection
- Syntax: flow control, function protocols, exception handling and functional programming
- Built-in data types: strings, tuples, lists and dictionaries
- Object-oriented features: classes, inheritance and overriding
- Building applications, packages, and libraries
- Popular libraries: os, sys, regular expression, random, shelve, cgi, urllib, and more
- Pythonic thinking, iterators, generators, decorators, and context managers
Note(s): The Python interpreter is free software and runs on all popular platforms.
Skills Needed: Significant experience in any programming language.