As businesses globalize, project managers must collaborate with team members from multiple countries. Surveys indicate that less than 40% of international projects succeed at meeting their baseline business objectives. This course provides project managers with tools and techniques for developing international projects that succeed in the competitive multinational business environment
You’ll learn critical success factors for international projects, using objective metrics, as well as applicable resources and techniques and lessons learned. The course covers techniques for expanding projects into the international business arena and finding partners in emerging markets.
- Global business trends
- Characteristics of international projects
- Critical success factors for international projects
- International organizational options
- Intellectual property management
- Managing international contracts and agreements
- Effective communication management in a geographically fragmented project team
- Unique international project costs
- Finding international partners
You'll be assessed on a practical problem-solving, exercise-based project. If your company is looking to extend its market reach, or if your start up is seeking a footprint in emerging market spaces, this is the course for you.
Professional Credit: Project Management Institute®–PMP Professional Development Units 15 hours.